May 31, 2008

Moar doom.

First up we have It Is I. Featuring Thomas Choi of Asbestosdeath, Noothgrush, and Operator Generator among others. This alone should convince you it's good. Industrial sludge doom, coupled with a fantastic rhythm section and some solos that you'd swear were being played by Matt Pike during his Sleep days.
It Is I - Evolve

Next up is Ogre. Featuring two members of the cult doom band Blood Farmers should give you a good idea of what to look for. The band likes to describe themselves as proto-doom. I'd say that's a good moniker, or doom rock. Either way this album consists of one 37 minute track divided into 11 movements. It tells the story of mankind's destruction at the hands of itself and the rise of the dog-king and their eventual redemption at the hands of Collosus. Epic, I know.
Ogre - Plague Of The Planet

1 comment:

renrats said...

Hey, I'd like to check the Ogre out, but the link is dead. Pretty impressive blog you've got here btw. I'll have to look through it to see what goodies you've got.